Saturday, August 23, 2008

Cool Kids

I have been put to shame. I was watching a program this evening on a local TV station honoring young kids who are active in their communities. The things these kids have accomplished is truly amazing.

I think back to when I was a teenager, oh so many years ago, and I can't imagine doing the things they are doing. A common thread ran though each of their stories -- they were happy putting a smile on someone's face. They were not doing it to make ...

Whoops. A brief interruption. I have to remove a baby lizard about 1 inch long from my kitchen.

...money or for fame. They said they enjoyed seeing the recipients of their efforts smile. A smile! Made me want to cry.

Oh if we all could do things just to make others smile. What a much better world this would be.

It sure beats the hell out of shooting them!

2 comments:

  1. hey, thanks for making me SMILE... little lizard .. cute.. and unexpected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. betty ann,

    Life is that way. It sometimes tosses unexpected things right in the middle.

    ReplyDelete