Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I have...

the best alarm clock in the world. At least as long as you want to get up at 6:25 am. It is only set for one time.

It is my German Shepherd. Every morning, without fail, she comes to the end of the bed and lets out a very light bark. If I don't move, she comes up to the side of the bed and hits it with her paw. If I still don't move, she licks my face. I don't know what would come next. I always get up by the lick.

She is not early. She is not late. I don't know where she hides her alarm, but she is always there within one or two minutes either way of 6:25 am.

Dogs continue to amaze me.

I wish more people were like dogs.

5 comments:

  1. That's funny.... I wish I had an alarm clock like that...

    Oh wait! I do... they're called kids...

    and it's not as nice as a simple bark and lick... more like a total destruction of their room and then a bounding out and on top of mom....

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You want more people to lick your face?

    Just kidding.

    I like the blog.

    -jd
    spendingtimeundertrees.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. If more people were like dogs this world would be a better place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. mtgbis,
    LOL!

    -jd,
    Face licking is not so bad.

    jerry,
    Amen to that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So she too has her system. Amazing, yes, dogs are. They have us well trained. :)

    ReplyDelete