Thursday, September 4, 2008

Naps

Among all my grandchildren is an adorable little 2 (almost 3) year old. We sit for her 2 or 3 days a week depending on her parents' schedules. She is still taking naps but is beginning to resist them somewhat. We keep hearing stories about her going down for her nap, but not going to sleep. Then she is cranky all afternoon and gives her older sister a bad time.

We don't have the same problem with her. I think kids always behave better at Grandma's and Grandpa's than at home.

This morning she came over to me and said, "Am I taking a nap?"

I said "Yes, in a little while"

She said "Yeaaaaa!" And turned around and went back to playing, as happy as can be. She left me laughing very hard.

Actually, the prospects of a nap make me happy too.

2 comments:

  1. I think we should all have afternoon naps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous that your grandchild takes naps....

    :-)

    But so do my two youngest still :-)

    I love naps,
    and that's about all I have to say about that :-)

    G'night!,
    Dana

    ReplyDelete