Saturday, September 13, 2008

Reincarnation

I did not believe in reincarnation. Now I'm not so sure.

My "almost 3" year old granddaughter, "M", is the spitting image of her great grandmother. Baby pictures of the 2 of them show a striking resemblance. But it does not end there. Even at this young age there are behavioral similarities. M's favorite saying is "I do it myself". GGmother's favorite saying "I will do it myself".

She was very independent and did not like people doing thing for her that she could do herself. M is the same way. She will ask for help if she discovers she can't do it herself, but she has to try to do everything by herself first. She also has similar facial expressions. M crinkles her nose the same way as GGmother did.

Which brings me to reincarnation. I don't think I have had any previous lives. I occasionally have deja vu. You know, seems like I have been "here" or done "that" before. I don't think that is really reincarnation. I think it is my addled mind playing tricks on me. But, GGmother died within a couple months of M's conception. It is like her "being" jumped from one body to the other body. The physical and behavioral similarities are eerie.

Is there really a connection between M and GGm beyond normal genetics? Who knows. But it makes me wonder.

In a previous life, did I... hmmmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment