Tuesday, October 7, 2008

1st Impressions, 2nd Debate

I will admit. I may be bias. I think Obama is the better candidate by far. That being said, I do think that Obama easily won this debate. He provided more detail in his answers. He did a better job of answering the questions and not avoiding the questions. He seemed more in command, more "presidential" if you will. He showed more confidence and self assurance.

Watching McCain, I kept thinking he sounded like a snake oil salesman except when he sounded like an evangelist. He spoke more in generalities and tried to appeal to peoples emotions rather than their intellect.

Unfortunately, I have seen statistics that say something like 80% of people pick a candidate based on emotion and only about 20% pick a candidate based on the issues. So...

2 comments:

  1. like when he kept playing to Tom? When he would giggle and hope that it was funny (since the audience can't laugh and looked bored as shit)....

    I am still an Obama fan... and as far as I'm concerned, I don't think either candidate can offer me any true relief from the financial situation I personally am in....

    I chose to believe that the world/financial sector needs to RESET itself....

    and once it's done.. I would like to see Obama leading this country.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Miles to Go, both are not going to do anything immediate but I like listening/watching to people discuss the candidates.

    ReplyDelete