Sunday, June 14, 2009

Some People Are Just Mean


It was late in the afternoon and we were all gathered watching the end of the graduation ceremonies. My daughter-in-law's sister was getting her masters with honors in social work. She did it on her own with jobs, student loans, and scholarships. We were all very proud of her. Her mother had brought a lei for her to wear. It was draped over the back of a chair. We were waiting to give it to her as she walked by. We saw her coming, turned around to grab the lei, and it was gone. Someone had stolen it while we were watching from her to come by.

Why?

3 comments:

  1. Jerry - Because people are just plain assholes. I am so sorry this happened. I can remember someone stealing a clean diaper sitting on the changing table in Sears. It was the only clean one I had with me. I was so upset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats to her!

    I have a friend who is a social worker. It seems like such a rewarding profession ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. not nice...........

    and who knows why.. .

    I'm learning to not ask "Why?' anymore... why is too frustrating...

    ReplyDelete