Monday, August 3, 2009

Weekend Report


This picture does not have anything to do with my weekend. I didn't even BBQ. I just thought it was funny. Sorry if it offends anyone.

Friday night was our second Hollywood Bowl show of the season. It was a difference show from the usual. Usually either the LA Philharmonic or the Hollywood Bowl Orchestra perform along with a guest performer. This last weekend they did a play -- Guys and Dolls. The Hollywood Bowl Orchestra played. It wasn't a "real" staged play with an elaborate set, but rather more directed towards just the music. I slept through most of it. It wasn't really my thing, but the LA Times reviewer loved it. So, what do I know?

The rest of the weekend has been relaxing. Saturday and Sunday were spent at home. We went out for brunch Sunday around 2 pm -- late brunch.

The dogs are here again for a few days while son is off camping with his family. They really are no problem. Maybe I will try to get a picture of all five and post it here. I can probably get the four big ones together. All I have to do is have treats in my hand and they all sit at my feet. The little one, however, is all over the place, so we will see what happens.

The eyes are doing well. I go back to the doctor today so we will see what he says. I don't expect any problem, except maybe with their billing office. They had me pay up my full deductible before doing the surgery, about $5000. I just got the insurance statement in the mail for the first eye they did and the insurance company says I only need to pay about $800 because of agreements they have with the doctor. I should get a big refund. Time will tell. Wish me luck.

I hope your week goes well.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Lord, Jerry! I don't know where to look now...

    I'm talking about the picture, of course.

    Will try to write more when and if I manage to compose myself again -- and regain my severely compromised modesty.

    P.S. The word verification is: toxic.
    See what you've done?!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, a nice big refund would be fun! I will keep my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete